An International Investor Forum is scheduled to be held on 25th of September 2014 in Colombo, Sri Lanka to help achieving the road map -2020 of Central Bank of Sri Lanka – (real economic growth rate of 8% per annum and total investment-33% as a percentage of GDP).
Federation of Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Sri Lanka (FICCISL) being the Apex organization of the private sector has planned to hold this event with the participation of key Ministers of the Sri Lankan Government, prospective investors, credit agencies, fund managers from the region and Europe and selected top Sri Lankan entrepreneurs.
The full day session is designed to inform the prospective investors on the investment opportunities in Sri Lanka on following sectors;
- Property Development
- Hotel and Tourism
- Renewable Energy
- Creation of Knowledge based Jobs
- Information Technology
- Digital Infrastructure
- Food Processing
- Small and Medium Enterprise Development
This event will be endorsed by Board of Investment of Sri Lanka, Export Development Board of Sri Lanka, Ministries of Economic Development and Industry & Commerce of Sri Lanka as well.
The organizers of the event would like to inform the following points for foreign investors:
1) In order to confirm the participation of the potential investor, the organizers request the participants to duly fill the registration form attached. There is no registration fee charged on foreign participants; however they have to bear accommodation and travel expenses. Foreign investors who are expecting to attend this forum should individually fill the registration forms even though two or more representing a single company.
2) The Kingsbury Hotel, Colombo, which is Forum’s venue, is offering a special accommodation package for the participants.
3) The Sri Lankan Airlines will be offering all the participants and accompanying persons to the Investor Forum a Special Travel Package of 15% discount for economy class airfare and 10% discount of business class airfare subject to the prevailing market fare at the time of the ticketing. Sri Lankan Airlines informs that these discounts will be availed, on the receipt of a letter confirming participation of the applicant by the FCCISL (organizers in Sri Lanka), through the Sri Lankan Airlines offices in respective cities.
4) The registration is mandatory for blocking the tickets and accommodation
5) B2B meetings have been arranged at the end of the day for networking of business community (more details are available in the agenda of the forum)
6) The organizers could arrange a study tour on the following day (26th of September 2014) to a free trade zone in Sri Lanka, if requested by the participants
More details are available in the attachments.
Sri Lanka would like to invite potential foreign investors, government and private funding agencies etc to participate in this forum for mutual benefits and to make this event a success.